Tuesday, July 1, 2008

After My Own Heart!

I took yesterday off because I really, really needed it. I worked 6 days last week, and that tends to get old quick. Thankfully- it's easy for me to say, "Hey, can I take today off?"

Heh.

As I was sitting on the couch, OK- laying on the couch, I was wondering how I was going to spend my wonderfully lazy day off. On the floor with Trevor? On the couch while Trevor plays on the floor? Watching movies or reading books?

Then my phone buzzes. Text message, of course. Karen wants to do something!

She thought it would be nice to go to the park. It took me a bit to get arranged seeing as I was planning on doing nothing for the day... but we eventually made it to the park. Karen, Caleb, Trevor and I.
This park has a pirate ship that looked like a lot of fun to play on- but once you get up close it seems like it's for bigger kids. A lot of climbing. It also has a METAL slide. Not exactly the most fun thing to slide down with shorts on in 90+ degree weather. Hehe.

So we ventured to the other part of the park. It's your standard stairs and slides type ordeal with the monkey bars and ladders for older kids. It was pretty darned hot so in all truth I didn't want to stay for long. And we didn't. In the short time that we stayed I did get a few good pictures though.
Aaaawe. I told him to stick out his feet, and he did it. Oh man, two year olds can be so much fun.
Driving us to the middle of nowhere.
He was tentative about the bridge and didn't want to go across by himself.



I told Trevor to give Cayobbin (or Caleb, in non-Trevor speak) a hug, and he did. It was awkward and totally adorable. Perfection.

When I started feeling like a swamp on certain areas on my body, I decided that it was time to go home and take a nap (well Trevor anyway- I am in the middle of Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer so I can't miss an opportunity to read).

I had a brilliant idea for the rest of the evening. Fingerpaint! I have been saving it and saving it for a time when Nathan, Trevor, and I could do it together but I seriously just couldn't wait anymore. I invited Karen and Cayobbin over after nap times were done.

Trevor slept, I read. Then....

We painted!
Cayobbin and Karen, starting out.Trevor was definitely very happy. He immediately picked up the point of what he was supposed to do and began exploring! He would use different sponges, and even used the popsicle sticks that were provided. He LOVED dipping his hands and fingers in the paint but not as much as Cayobbin! He got so mad at me when I prohibited him from dipping anymore. Oh man, it was pretty funny.
We started a footprint canvas and it was turning out really cute, but at the same time- it was missing something. Or rather, someone. Nathan. I am saving a big canvas and some paints for when all three of us can do it together.After I painted his feet for the failed footprint painting he thought it was awesome. He kept putting paint on his feet. Good thing we were painting on a large, black carpet!!

My little vampire :).
Aftermath. Toward the end, I had my own painting going and it was turning out really cool. It took ALL my effort not to get engrossed and forget that I had a toddler COVERED in paints (thankfully washable!) on the loose. I really, really, really, really, really, wanted to keep working on my painting but I just finished it as-is. I love fingerpaints! I think Trevor does, too. Definitely worth every ounce of money and time. Definitely! In the end, Trevor's painting got sat on (by him), but it still looks pretty cool. I like mine, too. It's nifty.
The End.

5 comments:

  1. dammit I should have stayed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finished products turned out so good! Next time we should strap Caleb into a chair and maybe he'll have more fun. Although, the tears were funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink part is my favorite...
    It loos like intestines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is definately your boy! what a cute little artist! and seriously, he is just the cutest boy! i mean it! look at that face! i am in love

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the new post. trevor and caleb look like they had such a fun day! well i would tell you where the wig store is but kate took me there. i know it is in sacramento. you will have to ask her and i think they were pretty reasonably priced. it was way fun though! you should totally go!

    ReplyDelete