Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Theme Days.

Alright, if there's one thing I can thoroughly enjoy participating in- it's theme days for blogs. "Thankful Thursday" is the only one I'm doing now.

I have a few ideas for the coming days, but I am not sure if I should execute all at once like a big bonanza week of themed blogs.... or trickle, here and there?

Hm. Dilemma indeed.

In other news: A fire truck came blazing down the street, siren wailing, like it was on its way to the hospital (ironically just down the street). Though instead of the siren dwindling down as it stopped bouncing off the stucco walls of our condo units, it cut out completely- right in front of us. Thank goodness it was LOUD and it woke me up ;). So as I am laying still trying to fall back asleep (c'mon now, it's only 11:30am, I don't have work until 4) I can hear the deep rumble of their engine and doors opening and closing.

Curious.

I hopped outta bed and peeked over the window sill of the bathroom window to see what was up. There was the truck, in the MIDDLE of our...uh.... streets I guess.... blocking every one's way. My window is about 5 ft high so I had to stand on my tiptoes to see anything.

Not for long.

Grabbing a chair, I could then satisfactorily see the driver wave hims arms about in a "I think it's left THEN right" kind of way. The co-pilot points at a sheet of paper and then waves his arms pointedly about.

::Giggle::

THEY ARE LOST!

Meanwhile there are a few firemen (not cute either dangit) awkwardly buzzing about the back end of the truck, or switching seats or doing firemen things that I can only guess were appropriate for that moment. Maybe Driverman said, "Dudes, we are totally lost. So, you three back there, go tighten some caps and straighten the hose, while Skippy and I figure out where to go."

As I was watching a fireguy looked up at me.

"Can he see me? I thought these screens were.... oh well... I'll keep staring."

He waved. I waved back, and continued my observatory stare.

I was totally the creepy chick in the window, but they were totally the loud and lost firemen in my front yard. I had to keep watching.

So, long story longer I'm awake and starving. I might go throw some food together from the kitchen then come back upstairs and do some serious cuddling.

Life is Good, don't let your mind tell you otherwise.

I'm going to sign off this crazy story with... ::drum roll::


A quote!

Teilhard de Chardin
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

1 comment:

  1. hmm...i have friends that do "wordless wednesdays" where they just post a picture and let it do the talking. and also "flashback fridays" where they put up old pictures, or talk about memories from a long time ago. both are cute. i've also heard of "monday musings" but nothin for tuesdays. good luck..i'll look forward to reading them!

    ReplyDelete