Saturday, March 1, 2008

A MOMENTOUS OCCASION!

Why is it most words looked mispelled when put in caps?

Ok..Ok..beside the point...

Trevor used his potty for the first time tonight!!!!!!!

For a few weeks I have been sitting him on it before and after a bath waiting to see if anything would happen. He would usually just get off it himself and start walking around. He would point to "himself" and say "bah" while pointing at his potty so I know he is aware of its use... something I am happy for. No pressure. Just letting him go at his own pace.

Tonight I was giving him a bath and he started ::ahem::farting::ahem:: a lot. I asked him if he was going to poo, and he said yes. The he started making "the face". I picked him up and plopped him down on his potty.

He looked at me funny, stood up, and began walking back toward his bath. He started to make the face again, so I scooped him up and placed him back down on his potty.

He went.

I cheered, I danced, I cried. He laughed, I laughed. I showed him what he had done and made sure he knew it was an amazing feat.

I gave him a REAL cookie (I have been referring to his animal crackers as cookies since he could eat them) as a reward and told him he gets ONE WHOLE COOKIE everytime he uses his potty.

Hopefully he understood that.

Wish me luck- it's beginning.

1 comment:

  1. way to go trevor! and i thank you tremendously for NOT posting a picture of the momentous poop! haha

    ReplyDelete