Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The End of the World for my Two Year Old

Sibby, Trevor's beloved stuffed dog, lost his mouth string today. It's been dangling off for about 4 months now- and I am surprised it took this long.

I put T down for his nap like usual, and an hour later I heard him yell something and start crying (quite out of the ordinary). I went into the room and there he was, tears filling his eyes, saying, "Sibby mouth trash, Sibby mouth trash throw away...".

He was truly very upset that Sibby had lost his mouth and was devastated by having to throw the string away. I tried my best to comfort him, but the tears kept coming, and he kept saying, "Sibby mouth, Sibby mouth...".

It was sad for me, I didn't know what to do! I tried to explain how we could give him a new mouth when we got home, and how Sibby isn't in pain, but it just seemed to make things worse. I know he will get over it, and right now he is sleeping peacefully in the room- no doubt holding his Sibby as close as he can.

He cares so much. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment