Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Conscious Effort

Here are a few things I have picked up through my lifetime that help me smile on the inside, and feel like I am doing right for myself and others.  Thought I'd share.

1. Sit, stand, and walk with good posture
2. Close any and all doors gently- no slamming, ever
3. Smile at strangers instead of dropping eye contact
4. Open doors for people
5. Take it out, put it away
6. Dirty it, clean it
7. Say thank you and MEAN IT
8. Eat healthy, with the occasional splurge
9. Walk instead of driving when the destination/weather are within reason
10. Mutual respect with animals- they are just as much as part of this beautiful world as we are
11. Ask questions, respect answers
12. Everyone in the world is different, accept the differences, accept the similarities, accept the life
13. Everything in moderation
14. Accept that life is an unending learning experience and shouldn't be taken for granted or treated poorly
15. Really LISTEN to music
16. Pay attention to breathing, literally- slow deep breaths will calm the quickest heart
17. It's the little things, it always has been and always will be
18. Change your thoughts, change your life
19. If it makes you happy, DO IT
20. Love, love, love in multitudes

1 comment:

  1. That was great, I love finding new little things to think about. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete